entriesaboutyour CLlinks

Wednesday, September 7, 2011
The first week! @ 7:21 AM

Hello Hello!

The first week of classes! I hope that you all enjoyed your first first days at Barnard (despite the rain!). Tell me all about it, either here, on facebook, or shoot me an e-mail. Upload all your pictures! I can't wait to see the ones you all took at the wax museum! Now, there are a few things that I wanted to let everyone know about. The first week is really busy and all the clubs come out guns blazing to recruit new members. This is a great opportunity for you to find out about all the activities on campus and begin getting involved. So here are some of the events that you might be interested in this week!

1. Glamour Event   = TONIGHT!! 6pm in the Diana Event Oval
They will have a panel of strong women leaders as well as honor the Glamour College Women of the Year. Not to mention, Loreal is co-sponsering and will be giving goodie bags. I'll be there tonight and hope to see you there!

2. The career fair is at 12pm on Friday in the James room. This will have all the departments on campus that are looking for student workers. This is a great place to get a job. I went my first year and got a job at the Theatre Department and I'm still working there!

3. The activities fair!

This is at 12pm on Friday and will take place on college walk and the steps and basically any open space there. All the clubs will be there to let you know about their mission and get you to join. This was an eye opening experience for me. I was shocked to see how many clubs there are. You will be able to find basically anything that you're looking for.

Alright! I hope that all of you get a chance to check out some of these events this week! Also, don't forget about Barnard babysitting and Bartending. Both are located in career development and are great ways to make some extra cash.

Lots of microscopium love!
Gita